For a FREE tax consultation
Sharky W. Wisconsin
Testimonial - If you are having a problem with your federal or state taxes then you should consider The people that work at are friendly, easy to work with and hard working. They helped me find years of taxes that did not get filed and help get them filed quickly.

They have great payment options and will work with you as best as they can to help you get your taxes back on track. I am grateful for the help they have provided me in getting my taxes back in order.

Aaron M. North Carolina
Testimonial - You guys are fantastic and look forward to not only completing this epic journey to a pleasant ending, but using you yearly as our tax preparers. You truly have been a blessing and thank you both!

Don S. Texas
Testimonial - I would like to express my satisfaction with the job that has done. The people I dealt with were friendly, courteous, and had a wonderful sense of humor, while getting the job done and done right. They were very concerned with my problem and assured me that they could get something done about it. They did a good job putting me at ease and taking away the worry. Which they did in a very short time.

The IRS had attached my wife's social security and were threathing another levy on us. We are both retired and need the SS to live on. I had my taxes done by a CPA and when she got through with them we owed over $12,000.00. When finished with the same filings, I am getting back a little over $6,000.00 and the money taken out of the SS levy will be refunded. This was all accomplished in about 4 days time. Pretty darn fast in my opinion.

I would recommend Service to anyone that is having trouble with IRS or for filing taxes. It is a great bunch of people to do business with. Give them a try, you will not be sorry you tried them.

Mark B. Louisiana
I did some research before selecting and actually talked to a few firms. I'll tell you honestly that the reason I went with is that the other groups I spoke with seemed unwilling or unable to help, given my specific situation - I had no records of any sort, I didn't remember the details, and as a result most of these people didn't seem to think they could assist. figured it out for me. I owed 60K in Federal tax, I was being garnished for 76% of my wages, which was devastating. The best part of my experience with is that they dealt with my lack of documentation and negotiated a solution I could live with a lot more quickly than I expected.

That being said, they didn't do magic; they negotiated a deal. I'd have loved it if they somehow made the debt go away, but still they worked out a better deal than I had any right to expect; something I can live with.
Home Tax Problems Tax Services Tax Resources About Tax Questions Contact
A Rated BBB

Tax Attorney

Innocent Spouse Relief

Qualify and Request Innocent Spouse Relief

What Is Innocent Spouse Relief

Innocent Spouse Relief is an IRS tax relief program which allows you to claim that you are not responsible for the tax debt, interest, and penalties assessed to you because of a joint return filed by your spouse (or ex spouse). The wrong information provided on the joint tax return is solely their fault, and as such you should be freed from the liability.

The IRS will require you to prove to them that without a reason of a doubt you have in no way benefited, had knowledge off, or took part in the wrongful information. Innocent Spouse Relief if properly qualified is a powerful IRS tax relief program which can protect you from tax debt you should not owe.’s tax professionals will help you better understand your case, to help you qualify and submit your request for Innocent Spouse Relief. Even if you do not qualify for Innocent Spouse Relief, there are many other tax relief programs which you may qualify for.

Types of Innocent Spouse Relief

Relief by Separation of Liability
You may qualify for relief by Separation of Liability if;
1. You are divorce or separated from the spouse you are requesting the Innocent Spouse Relief from.
2. You must not be a member of the same household as your spouse for at least 12 months prior to filing IRS Form-885.
Original Innocent Spouse Relief
You may qualify for Innocent Spouse Relief;
1. You filed a joint tax return with your spouse, or ex-spouse that you are asking to be relieved from the tax liability. The joint return must contain wrongful information placed there by your spouse to lower the tax debt.
2. If you can prove that when the return was filed you had no knowledge, benefit, or responsibility for the understatement of taxes.
3. That based on your request for Innocent Spouse Relief, the IRS should deem it as unfair for you to be responsible for the understatement of tax debt. Common determining factors include;
A. Whether you took advantage of the understatement of tax liability;
B. Whether you were neglected by your spouse or former spouse;
C. Whether you are currently divorced or separated from your
D. Whether you received any money or financial benefits from the additional tax return funds.

Equitable Relief
Equitable Relief is only an option if you do not qualify for the relief by separation, or the original Innocent Spouse Relief. The IRS created this to help tax payers who do not qualify for the other Innocent Spouse Relief Programs, but are still being unfairly assessed with the tax liability.

Request for Innocent Spouse Relief

Requesting and qualifying fir IRS Innocent Spouse Relief is a complex process, you must complete IRS Form-8857, which allow the IRS to determine your eligibility for the program. It is highly recommended that you speak with a tax professional who can guide you through the process, to ensure you not only qualify, but you properly submit and request the correct type of Innocent Spouse Relief for your case.

Hire A Tax Professional to Assist You With Innocent Spouse Relief works together with tax attorneys, CPA’s, Enrolled Agents, and other tax professionals who specialize in Innocent Spouse Relief. Our caring tax professionals will assist you in determining your eligibility for Innocent Spouse Relief, and helping you prepare your request.

Free Innocent Spouse Relief Consultation

Start today with a free consultation with a tax consultant who will help you better understand your legal rights and options. Contact us by filling out our short online form , or call us direct at 888.601.7080 today.

What to Ask Before Hiring Tax Help
More tax questions...
Tax Help Tips & Myths
More tax tips & myths...

Tax Help | State Tax Help | Tax Lawyer | IRS Tax Help | Payroll Tax | IRS Penalty Abatement | IRS Payment Plan | Tax Lawyers | Tax Lawyer | Unfiled Taxes | Offer in Compromise | IRS Problem | Tax Relief | Wage Garnishment | Tax Attorney | Tax Audit | Tax Resolution | IRS Lawyer

Disclaimer: The information provided on is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. is not a referral service, and does not share in any of the attorney fees. is not responsible for any advice received by participating attorneys and does not endorse nor recommend any attorney or law firm that participates in the matching system. does not make any representation or any judgment as to the qualifications, expertise or credentials of any participating lawyer. No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other, non-participating lawyers. Always speak with an attorney or tax licensed tax professional before making any legal decisions on your tax liability. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Terms & Conditions. If you live in Alabama, Florida, Missouri, New York or Wyoming, please click here (additional state disclosures) for additional information. © 2012. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy
Website Designed By Vivid Concept